Sunday

Getting Geared Up to Wire the Box

I've been getting in a plethora of odds and ends to start wiring up the enclosure. I've now got everything except a relay I will use for the E-stop circuit and the master AC on/off switch for the front panel. I also did a number of versions of the overall schematic. The latest is on the enclosure page. Based on my latest schematics, I've done a layout for how I'll go about mounting the various sub-boards in the enclosure:
My goal this weekend would be to get the enclosure to the point I can actually mount the boards and begin the wiring process next weekend, and hopefully try spinning some servos (though not on the machine) next weekend as well. There's quite a bit of work to do there, but if I get enough hours I should reach that stage. Fingers crossed!
I still need to make an arm to support the keyboard and monitor, I need to mount the enclosure to the rolling cabinet, and I also need to paint it.
There's still a lot of fussing. I haven't spec'd or ordered any of the auxilliary panel connectors, for example. I have some sitting around the parts bin that will hopefully work. Have to look at them as well. If need be, I can delay VFD and coolant wiring until after the servos are running and it would be no big deal.

No comments:

adsense

search engine

Custom Search